Gov. Palin: Looking forward to joining hard working farmers for Ag PhD Field Day
Posted by Dr. Fay on July 24, 2013
Posted on Governor Palin’s Facebook page yesterday afternoon:
I’m so looking forward to joining hard working farmers in America’s heartland this week at the Ag PhD Field Day in South Dakota. It’s an honor to get to travel with my entourage (er, that would be Piper) to be with those who are feeding the nation.
Ag PhD Field Day
We invite you to join us for a free Ag PhD Field Day on our farm near Baltic, SD on Thursday, July 25th from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m.! Our goal with the Field Day is to create a one-day event where you can learn more about how to raise better crops by hearing from a host of expert guest speakers, seeing new technologies in the field, participating in hands-on demonstrations, and visiting with other top farmers from around the country. I know you are busy. My calendar is always full, too, but we are hoping you will block out just one day this summer to come and visit us. Even if you have attended our Field Day in the past, you won’t want to miss this one as I believe we have our best lineup of speakers including Sarah Palin, our best field trial comparisons, more displays than ever before, and a number of unique things you won’t see elsewhere.
We have several air conditioned tents, as well as a new air conditioned shed and other sheds on the field day site, so we are prepared for the elements – of course, we’re praying for a beautiful day. We will again have trams and golf carts available if you need those services. Lunch, supper, snacks, and drinks will be provided at no charge throughout the day.
Here are some of the many activities that will be going on throughout the day:
- Guest speakers including Sarah Palin
- Corn Panel featuring Darren Hefty & several high-yield corn farmers
- Soybean Panel featuring Brian Hefty & several high-yield soybean farmers
- Wheat Panel featuring Rob Fritz, Phil Needham, & high-yield wheat farmers
- Estate Planning with one of the top estate lawyers in the country
- Drainage Law with one of the best drainage lawyers in the country
- Grain marketing sessions with grain marketing experts
- Crop insurance sessions
- Live Ag PhD Radio Show with Brian & Darren
- Speakers on irrigation & drainage through tile lines plus a live tiling demo and a lift station
- Brian & Darren give their evaluations on the field plots
- A special Brian vs. Darren field day section with corn, soybeans, and wheat
- Kid’s Area complete with games, inflatables, and other entertainment.
We believe our Ag PhD Field Day will again be the largest private farm field day in the Midwest in 2013; but more importantly, we hope it will be the most educational and entertaining for you. Last year, we had farmers from 24 different U.S. states and 2 Canadian provinces; so, if nothing else, if you just talk to farmers all day, you ought to get a pretty good idea what the crop is like everywhere else, and you’ll learn more about what other successful farmers are doing in their operations to get ahead.
Please click here for discount lodging options. We hope to see you on Thursday, July 25th!!
Read more here, including directions to the event.