Whitney Pitcher: 47 Reasons Governor Palin Is Qualified to Be President
Posted by Adrienne Ross on February 11, 2011
By Adrienne Ross – http://www.motivationtruth.com
In honor of Governor Palin’s 47th birthday, C4P’s Whitney Pitcher put together a post that names 47 reasons, in no certain order, Governor Palin is qualified for the presidency.
1) She won’t perjure herself by taking the Presidential oath of office like many of her potential opponents.
2) She has 9 years of executive experience, more than 3 times as much as the current President. As Governor, she held the 2nd most powerful gubernatorial office in the country.
3)She knows how to budget. In her years as Governor, she reduced the state budget 9.5% over her predecessor and put $5 billion in state savings.
4) She reduced federal earmark requests 80% as Governor over her predecessor, recognizing the need for fiscal responsibility at both state and national levels.
5) She’s a proven reformer. She strove to break the bonds between Alaskan politicians and oil companies and passed sweeping ethics reform.
6) She believes in true governmental transparency. As Governor, she put the state checkbook online to allow constituents to know how and where the state was spending revenue. During the negotiations of one of the cornerstones of her administration, the Alaska Gasline Inducement Act (AGIA), all proposals were made available for public consumption.
7) In signing the AGIA legislation and the progress that continues to this day, she brought a transcontinental pipeline project from Alaska to the Lower 48 further than 30 years of previous administrations. AGIA is the largest private sector infrastructure project in North American history.
8 ) She believes in oversight not over regulation for energy development. She opened an Petroleum Integrity Office to oversee energy development in Alaska.
9) She believes in an all-of-the-above approach to energy development, including opening up ANWR, on shore drilling, off shore drilling, natural gas, coal, nuclear, and renewables.
10) She understands the effects of quantitative easing will have on the economy in general and on commodity prices specifically.
11) She would have the intestinal fortitude to actually take on reformation of entitlement programs to help derail the bullet train to bankruptcy.
12) For the role of the presidency, the Constitution devotes the majority of its text to the role of commander-in-chief. Governor Palin would take this role seriously as displayed by her commitment to America’s military and her desire for a strong national defense.
13) As part of her commitment to strong national defense, she criticized the Obama administration for making cuts to missile defense, and she stands strongly against the START treaty between Russia and America.
14) She has been firmly against Obamacare from the beginning of legislative talks and strongly supports repeal.
15) She truly sees America as an exceptional nation because of its people. She praises what makes America unique; she doesn’t apologize.
16) She puts principles above party and political expediency.
17) She has stood strongly for securing America’s borders, as shown by her support of Arizona’s immigration law.
18) She is strongly pro-life–a welcomed far cry from the most pro-abortion president in history now occupying the White House.
20) With regard to foreign policy, she has a far better grasp situation in Egypt with regard to the potential of the Muslim brotherhood’s involvement in a new government and Mubarak’s plans better than members of President Obama’s intelligence team, Leon Panetta and James Clapper.
Read all of Whitney’s 47 qualifications here.